An excellent all around cleaner, Eraser was specifically designed for the complete removal of polishing oils for inspection and prior to the application of CQuartz or any other coating, wax, or sealant. However due to the alcohol mixed with Eraser’s special degreasing agent we have found it also makes an excellent streak free glass cleaner and also works as a general purpose degreaser and cleaner for many situations. A final wipedown with Eraser on your tires will leave them cleaner than a tire wash and scrub alone.
Until now IPA (isopropyl alcohol) and water mixture, have been used to remove polish residue and fillers from auto paint before a wax or paint sealant are applied. This step allows you to check your work following compounding and it is supposed to ensure a totally clean paint surface on which the LSP (last step product) can bond. IPA loosens oil but the problem occurs as oil can be spread around or redeposited as you wipe the paint.
Eraser goes a step further with its intense cleaners that dissolve oils. Eraser breaks down polish residue as well as removing dust. It has the added bonus of cleaning better than an ordinary IPA, due to its patented degreasing formula. Eraser makes it possible for everyone to get the perfectly clean surface prior to the application of Cquartz or any other coating, wax, or sealant. Furthermore, with our proprietary blend you will not find even a hint of that nasty IPA smell when using Eraser
- Eraser is an intense cleaner designed to dissolve oil particles and remove polish residue to prepare the paintwork for Cquartz.
- When you wipe down your polished vehicle with Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser, you’re removing oils, fillers, and dust completely.
- Application of CQuartz or your chosen LSP will bond much better and create a long-lasting shine with great protection while giving the user peace of mind as to the quality of the surface prior.
- Eraser also has anti-static components to resist dusting after wiping. The paint will stay dust-free while you’re in the process of applying Cquartz so you don’t have to keep re-cleaning panel by panel.
- Eraser contains no silicone and is completely safe for use in paint shops and body shops.
- Eraser smells great, which is definitely not true of a homemade IPA! CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser is the next step and an evolution beyond IPA.
- Prepare your vehicle for the best results with Cquartz by erasing oil and polish residue.
- Due to Eraser key ingredients & make up Eraser also makes a fantastic glass cleaner and degreaser. It leaves a streak free finish, to glass every time with the added benefit of a static free finish so the glass stays cleaner longer.
- Flip and change out your towels often as you work across the vehicle.
500ml $15.00 1 Liter $20.00
Now with 2.5% Cherry scent and improved adhesion
Highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced (6~7pH) car paint, wheels & glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including aluminum/Chromes/Anodized and alloys). This formulation is also effective and safe for use on all car surfaces and will not deteriorate clear coats. This preventative measure puts a stop to corrosion , IronX contains unique chemical ingredients that effectively dissolves the sintered iron by forming a water soluble iron complex. No other method cleans paint and wheels as deeply as IronX. The IronX Paint and wheels Decontamination System was developed as a method of removing paint contamination beyond what can be removed by washing or claying !!. If you are familiar with detail clay, you know it is capable of removing above surface contaminants that have bonded to the paint. The IronX is designed to remove what lies below the paint surface as well as above.
Airborne chemical compounds and ferrous particles (particles containing iron) actually penetrate the paint and create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint’s sub-layers or paint’s pin-holes. This is a gradual process that often is not evident until it’s too late. Claying does not remove the entire particle which will continue to spread beneath the surface if not dissolved.
During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of the car paint , rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals. IronX opens up the paint’s pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint’s subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.
IronX sprays on as a transparent liquid. As the cleansing liquid begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn purple/ red. The purple/red coloration is the IronX Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the car paint and wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse car paint and wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.
The IronX is used by body shops for pre-cleaning prior to detailing and by dealerships for new and used car prep. It is proven to deliver a clean, glassy smooth vehicle that is protected from the harmful effects of paint contamination. No other is as fast and effective at removing multi-layer paint and wheels contamination.
- Removes Iron Particles and prevents the spread of iron-related damage & helps to protect your vehicle from paint system failure.
- New Formula combines Cherry perfume to aid in masking Iron Dissolving Chemicals
- Safe to use, Acid Free, and pH neutral (pH 6-7).
- Safe to use on Clear Coat Paint
- Safe to use on Aluminum, Chrome, Anodized, Alloy, or Clear coated wheels.
- Safe for use on all solid car surfaces and will not deteriorate clear coats. (Avoid using on Fabric Convertible tops.
A.-Use outside or with sufficient ventilation.
B.-Use latex or Nitrile gloves, and face protection.
C.-If there is an inordinate amount of tree sap, tar, other organic material, wax, or sealants on the vehicle I recommend you strip them first with TarX so Iron X can attack the ferrous particles without any interference. This is not required but is how I like to do it for best results.
D.-For best results apply to a mostly dry surface. A few drops of water is ok.
1.-Shake the bottle.
2.-You can cover the surface with Iron X by spraying it everywhere but that can be wasteful. I recommend that you spray as needed and spread it with a small sponge or applicator to cover the entire surface. You may also consider using an atomizer type spray bottle or HVLP gun. In any case evenly cover the surfaces you wish to decontaminate. The product is strong so you don’t have to be wasteful. Just make sure it contacts the entire surface.
3.-Allow the product to dwell for 5 minutes in the shade. Do not allow it to dry in the sun. On light colored paints you will see the product dissolving ferrous particles as it turns color. On darker colored paints everything is happening in exactly the same way. It’s simply more difficult for you to view the color changing affect. I have read people saying the product works better on lighter colored cars but that is illogical and is not the case. It works the same regardless of car color.
4.-After allowing to dwell take a damp (not soaked) grout or other paint safe sponge (or other media if you prefer) and agitate the surface.
5.-Thoroughly rinse the surface.
Don’t forget to rinse your media out also. I like to have a dedicated Iron X sponge but that isn’t necessary.
Iron X Facts and Frequently Asked Questions:
How iron particles appear on your car surface and where?
Iron particles are all around us, and ofcourse on our cars after traveling through the environment. They can be made from your car braking, driving near other cars, big trucks, train rails, industrial zones etc. They adhere to the car surface and once they “stick” to your paint due to there sharp edges together with sunshine they start to bake into the soft car paint layer where they oxidize and rust.
How to prevent iron dust from etching your paint ?
It’s almost impossible to prevent the irons to stick on the surface , but it has been proven that inorganic coatings (such as Cquartz & C1) that have self-cleaning effects can reduce the quantity of iron that adheres to the surface.
How to remove iron particles from surface?
There are few options. Clay bar is one of them however claying will remove most of the irons by shaving them, which leaves some underneath the surface where it cannot reach. Also clay could possibly mar your paint with micro scratches together with the iron it catches. Another option is by oxalic acid solutions. Though it may remove iron you can’t be sure it is safe on paint, which depends on dilution (low pH ), and it’s not safe to use for your own health and environment. The third option is by Iron X, a pH neutral product, which reacts only with iron particles which it dissolves. IronX contains a specific chemical that reacts aggressively with iron… BUT and it’s big but, this chemical is very unstable if not mixed in the right % ,its sensitive to heat as well. This means it can even react with open air and change color to red/purple without any contact with iron!
Why does it change color?
Iron X changes color to red/purple when coming in contact with iron particles, this is due to chemical reaction between the chemicals and iron. However some other products change colors as well. The change in color does not necessarily mean a product is dissolving iron. There are very cheap chemicals that change their character simply by contact with air.
Why the bottle is transparent?
We use transparent bottles so the customers can see if color of liquid has reacted, with the metal spring inside the sprayer or even in the open-air contact,. Once the color changes it is loosing some of its strength. However with Iron X it is still very strong even if it becomes a pink color.
Why we now use special full plastic spray heads?
In the past we faced complains about the changing color inside the bottle. this was due to the metal spring inside the spray head, which most triggers use including the so-called chemical resistant types. These spring are mostly made in China and have rust on them from their creation. That was why we recently started using only plastic springs inside the triggers. This way no more possibility of reaction with any irons until the product is used. The new triggers are marked with small stickers on them, to define from old ones.
Will Iron X stain chrome wheels or chrome trims?
No, it’s completely safe to use on any chrome wheels, trim, or bare aluminum wheels. There is only one condition: Do not let it dry under sun light
Will Iron X discolor wheel weights ?
Yes, it will. Wheel weights are made from lead, Iron X will change the lead color to green. However light agitation will recover the original color.
Will Iron X affect brake calipers ?
For most high end calipers it will not affect them however we have heard from customers in the past that Iron X can affect the paint color of low quality acrylic painted calipers. For this reason we advise you to be more careful not to spray on them.
Will Iron X remove wax from car paint?
Yes, if it’s a highly organic oil type it will affect the wax properties. If it’s a synthetic polymer sealant it won’t affect it much. On Cquartz or other inorganic coatings it won’t affect them at all. In fact it is even recommended for use on them.
Does Iron X remove tar spots as well?
No, Iron X reacts only with iron particles .
Is Iron X safe to use on 3M films venture-shields?
Yes, there is no problem at all using it on clear bra’s and others.
Why does it smell so bad?
This is the nature of the chemical used, you cannot avoid this. If it doesn’t smell so strong it means it has very little effect on iron or is a very diluted or inferior formula. We do advise you to use a facemask and latex (or Nitrile) gloves while using Iron X.
Why Iron X has low to medium viscosity?
The viscosity was the struggle between the best impact with iron and the best/safest way to easily remove it from the surface. If you make the product too thick will not react well with iron particles due to the thickener additives. If you make it too thin there will only be a short reaction time, which will leave some iron behind. With Iron X we have attempted to find the sweet spot between these two challenges to hit the center of the target with our solution.
Can I leave Iron X to dry on the surface?
Yes, you can leave Iron X on the surface to dry, but not under direct sunshine! However I don’t suggest you leave any chemical composition to dry.
How can I remove iron in a more economical way?
There are few ways. Buy in bigger size containers if you know you are going to use it more in future. Buy the eco refill packs, these save the cost for the plastic bottle and triggers + it’s weight for delivery. You don’t need to “soak spray” your car and wheels with Iron X. A light spraying and agitating will do the job as well. Iron X is powerful enough to handle with a few spritz on the surface. Another option is by using a HVLP (high volume low pressure) gun together with air pressure you can save much of the liquid and spray the surface well. Use Iron X Snow Soap for maintenance, using it neat on car surface or wheels will be a powerful iron remover with very low consumption however you will need to agitate and leave on the surface to react.
500ml $20.00 1 Liter $33.00
CarPro-US CQuartz UK Edition w/ Reload Kit (30ml)
Coat your car with the glossiest and hardest coating with the least effort!
This is the easiest to apply coating on the market while matching or raising the already high standards of gloss and scratch resistance found in CQuartz.
The exclusive new 60% SiO2 with 99.9% purity formula made for hot or cold temp environment applications. CQUK is based on the same technology as the original Cquartz with some interesting tweaks. Current glass coating products had 2% of SiO2 in the product however CQUK has 60% SiO2 with 99.9% purity. This is the first ever nano silica coat which has this concentration! The pure percentage ensures the most transparent glass coat film over the surface. This guarantees long lasting coating with extreme strength resistance and water-repellency. Once the liquid meets the open air it cures and forms a ceramic quartz hard coating on the surface with extreme hydrophobicity.
SiO2 is one of the hardest materials in the world.
It creates a very clear but still long lasting hard coating on automotive surfaces.
Please go to the videos tab on this page and take a look at the videos taken by some of our detailers and associates in Europe.
- Ease of Application Video
- CQuartz UK Clarity and Purity proof Video
- Scratch Test and Gloss Proof Video
- (1) 30ml bottle of CQuartz UK Edition (Approximately 2 average size vehicles)
- (1) 100ml bottle of Reload Silica Spray (UK Edition)
- (1) Large Size Applicator Block
- (4) 4″ Microfiber Suede Applicators
- (1) 16″ Microfiber Suede Towel
- Compare to the best professsional cotings available but easy to use for the amateur detailer
- CQuartz UK is the easiest to apply coating on the market. No matter how cold, hot, or humid the application is simple.
- CQUK has 60% SiO2 with 99.9% purity
- Average thickness of Cquartz UK layer is between 1 µm ~2.5 µm.
- Minor swirl filling abilities
- Great Value with Reload Included
- Cquartz UK offers an extremely durable hard glass coat which protects against minor scratches, acid rain, bird droppings, corrosive traffic film, tar and harmful UV rays
- As well as protecting it also offers a deep, rich gloss with self cleaning properties, making future washing of your vehicle, faster and easier. CQ UK can prevent 50% of light wash marring.
- Ultra hard CQuartz UK contains ceramic nano particles found within glass, the result is a highly reflective, transparent layer.
- Once applied, Cquartz forms a strong chemical bond, cross linking during the curing process. This offers excellent durability, with a high level of gloss & reflectivity.
- Cquartz UK active ingredients form a precise and uniformed level layer, giving strong water and oil repellence. Thus preventing stains on the paints surface.
- Resists extremely high temperatures. Feel free to coat engine components, etc that correspond to the materials shown.
- Can also be layered: Allow 1 hour minimum wait time after buffing to allow cure before applying another coat.
- And more
- Recommended working temperatures: 41F to 90F
- Durability: 1 year
- Water contact angle: 110° for a minimum of 6-8 Months
- Light swirl filling properties
- Thick layer: 1~2 Micron each
- If contamination exists it is recommended that you IronX and clay your vehicle before polishing.
- To gain the most from Cquartz it is recommended that your vehicle have all painted surfaces clean and polished to a high standard.
- There should not be any wax, sealant, polishing oils, or oil of any kind left on the paint before application. That would hamper the penetration of Cquartz and seriously compromise durability.
- After polishing your vehicle use CarPro Eraser to wipe down the surface to ensure no oils are left from polishing
- Wrap a mf Suede (included) around the applicator block (also included)
- Shake CQuartz UK well and apply to the applicator
- Starting at the middle of the panel first wipe left and right spreading product across panel and then up and down or circular and buff in coating over entire section or panel until all areas have completely flashed and it starts to feel dry.
- Using your 16″ MF suede towel (included) thoroughly wipe panel to ensure flat free finish. Wipe thoroughly and completely buff off excess product to create flat even finish.
- Move to next panel and repeat
- To complete treatment wait 1 hour from when you began application and apply Reload (also included)
- Park vehicle in direct sun any time after application is complete.
- Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application
- Wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid washing with any soaps for the first 7 days
- Never allow highly alkaline (ph11+) chemicals such as non-diluted all purpose cleaners to sit or dwell on the surface for extended periods. This may damage the coating.
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface
- Do not re-use 4″ Suede applicators after 1 vehicle as they will crystalize and could scratch paint if re-used
- Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with unless you immediately toss them in a bucket of APC after use to avoid glass crystals forming on them
- Wear hand protection (disposable gloves)
- We always recommend using our CarPro Face Mask or respiratory protection when needed as a precaution with any chemicals from any company.
Cquartz UK Edition 30ml Kit w/ Reload $60.00
Cquartz UK Edition 50ml Kit w/ Reload $80.00
Fixer: Compound & Polish
CarPro Fixer Polish is the most versatile compound & polish on the market and is made for any type of paint surface. Fixer is capable of removing 1500 grit sand scratches, as well as scratches, marring, haze, & swirl marks from reshly painted, soft, medium, hard, and even ceramic scratch resistant paints. You can be use it with wool, mf, or foam. The fine nano finishing powders deliver a perfect cut with less passes and leaves an unrivalled wet mirror like finish. Fixer is the finest yet fastest one step polish that leaves the surface glowing with a perfect shine. Fixer is no ordinary polishing compound. Fixer has been designed & manufactured from scratch and formulated to deliver perfect results in less time. Fixer can remove 80-95% of all light/medium paint imperfections and deliver a perfect mirror-like showroom car finish in less time and steps than other compounds/polishes. We have manufactured this new generation polishing compound using Nano components to make it the most versatile compound and polish on the market. The use of very small diminishing abrasives delivers the precise cut dependant on pad and techniques used.
It is always recommended to hone your technique when using Fixer polish to gain the most benefits from this polishing compound. It is a misconception that all correctional polishes work and perform the same on all types of paint. Fixer is no different. It requires the user to determine how to work the polish to its true potential. Fixer works excellent at lower speeds (600 – 1200rpm) Fixer can be used on all types of pads, from wool right through to finishing foams. Fixer does not have to be worked fast to get the most out of the compound. Normally a maximum working speed of 1200rpm is all that is required.
- Defect removal without masking the finish
- Good for any type of auto paint: soft, medium, hard, ceramic clear coats, and single stage paint
- Capable of removing sanding haze from 1500 to final finish
- Save working time up to 40% by reducing the steps needed
- No dedicated fillers, No holograms, No powder dusting, No organic silicones
- Economic: No need for different grades of polish to deal with varying defects
- Versatility: Excellent with D/A or Rotary and a great hand polish as well
- 100% Body shop safe: No silicones, waxes, polymers, or Teflon used which only hides scratches but does not remove them
- Very little needed per vehicle
250 ml $15.00 500 ml $ 20.00 1 Liter $40.00
PERL Coat by CarPro is a concentrated versatile water-based, protective coating for plastics, rubber, and leather that offers tremendous UV protection. PERL Coat is a water based dilute to suit product, covering a large array of tasking within car care. It can be used to restores the like-new appearance of hard exterior plastic surfaces and keeps them looking good with strong UV and hydrophobic protection. The sun can be damaging on flexible materials, like rubber, plastic, and leather. Gradually & over the course of time they fade & become brittle and cracked. PERL Coat is changing the rules. PERL Coat provides excellent protection and lasts up to three months on interior and engine surfaces. Durability on Exterior Surfaces varies based on the type of plastic and the exposure in your environment. It can protect for up to 3 months on exterior surfaced as well however if you see constant rainy conditions the darkness will fade from some plastics and tires sooner. For a dedicated extremely long lasting Exterior Trim Coating please take a look at our “CarPro DLux” product.
- UV protection: It protects against high grade UV degeneration while maintaining the supple feel and original color of treated surfaces.
- Versatility: Interior Vinyl, Plastics, and Finished Leather / Exterior Plastic and Rubber Trim, Window Seals & Tires / Engine bays
- Price and Value: PERL Coat is sold in a concentrated form, offering tremendous value. Dilute it with water according to the instructions and pour into a spray bottle.
- Appearance: Rich Satin look but not greasy
- Revives dull, faded rubber, plastics, vinyl, acrylic, and leather.
- Water-based and contains no solvents. It will not damage tires or dry out plastic. But once dry it offers a terrific hydrophobic layer repelling water, dirt, and grime.
- Stops leather cracking and protects it from dirt and stains.
- Surfaces treated with PERL will require less cleaning and they will retain their like-new look longer.
Dilutions: (Note- You are welcome to adjust any of the dilutions as you see fit and find many options work very well) Below are some suggestions
- External Plastics: 1 part Perl / 1~3 parts water
- Engine: 1 part Perl / 1~3 parts water
- Tires & Rubber: Undiluted~1:1 (I recomend 1:1) 2 thin coats with 20 minutes or more between will offer the best looking black tires you will find.
- Interior Vinyl and Leather: 1 part PERL / 5 Parts water
- Clean the surface from dirt, oil, and dust
- Shake Diluted spray bottle
- Spray onto surface and wipe in evenly
- Wipe off as needed
- Keep away from heat
- Use in ventilated area
- Avoid Skin and eye contact
- Keep Container closed after use
- Keep away from Children
500 Ml $17.00 1 Liter $25.00